Thursday, May 8, 2014

Displaying Wait icon when invoking ajax call...



    In this tutorial, I will go over how to invoke wait icon to display when loading those initial data.. All we need is to define some div tag to show up when it is busy and on the successful return of ajax call, will request the div tag to be hidden and invoke the method(s) for next steps.... (I collected this from few other websites, will try to post the link, when I find it back..).


To get started, lets define a div tag and set up everything that we need to happen when the page is busy loading required data.... Below is a sample of the div tag I am using...


Once we have defined the div tag that will help us display the wait icon, all we need to do is, define where and how it needs to appear. In my code below, I had used before my ajax call and hiding it once I have the successful callback from server. This can be adjusted to suit the needs and handle properly when error condition happens. Code below shows everything that will be needed to display and hide the div tag. 

Happy coding....



No comments:

Post a Comment